honda forums   honda forums

Go Back   Honda Forum > Honda Forums (Trucks, Minivans and SUVs) > Honda Pilot Forum

Notices

Honda Forum: Sensing Problems

Old 01-17-2017, 03:30 PM

Default Sensing Problems

While driving my 2016 Pilot Touring Saturday evening for approximately 30 minutes and I noticed errors flashing on the display. The first 20 minutes was of driving was on the highway and then in stop and go traffic for 10 minutes; I started to get several error messages cycling through the display. They were 1. Road Departure Mitigation System Problem, 2. Collision Mitigation System Problem, and 3. Adaptive Cruise Control Problem. While at a stop light, I turned the car off and back on to see if the issue would correct itself; it did not. The next morning, Sunday the same error messages were displayed and I also got a message on the Infotainment System that the charging system is failing and to take my vehicle to service immediately. I removed the battery cable to see if the system would reset but it did not. My Service department is closed on Sundays so I took it on, Monday. After two hours, my service adviser told me the technician had reset the system and removed the battery but that did not correct the issue. Another 30 minutes later I was told my radar sensor has fail and needed to be replaced. They said it was ordered and would be in the next day. I was told I could drive the vehicle but would not have the safety features.

Anyone seen this.
Frustratingly waiting; I will update after the repair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170115_091824exsm.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170115_091830exsm.jpg (23.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170115_091836exsm.jpg (20.6 KB, 0 views)

Old 01-18-2017, 03:31 AM

Update: To my Sensing Problems/ I went back to the dealer this afternoon. They had the radar sensing part for replacement. They took my vehicle back immediately. After three hours I was told the new part was installed but the technicians did not have the tools to program the new sensors and had to order it from California. None of the other Honda dealer within 100 miles of Atlanta had the tool for programming the radar sensor on the 2016 Pilot. The programming tool which I think is software is expected in 3-5 days.

I was given the song and dance about this being a new vehicle and the first time they had to replace the parts. I told them this is frustrating and not acceptable. I said if they had to order a part they never installed, shouldn't they look at the technical service bulletins to see what was needed to finished a job they never done?

Frustrated even more I told them I was not driving the vehicle until it was repaired; I was given a loaner Accord because they didn't have any SUVs to loan. I am 6'3" tall so the Accord is tight. With the seat all the way back my knees is one inch from the dash. Thank God I only have to go into the office one more day this week and will work from the rest of the week.
I'll update again after the programming tool is here and prayerfully they get me back in my Pilot soon.

Not a good impression for my first Honda.